Dundalk Famine Graveyard

History of Dundalk Famine Graveyard

This graveyard in Killally was established in 1853 and continued in use until 1912. It was utilised primarily for those persons who died within the workhouse (now demolished) on the Ardee Road  This graveyard lies adjacent to the roadway of Sidella. Some locals witnessed burials in the 1940/50’s


St Clare’s Well


The First Pauper's Grave